Friday, October 24, 2008

A TIME FOR THINKERS AND LEADERS

This is my first blog. My hope is to stimulate thinking about issues important to all of us...agreement is not what I look for...sound argument, commentary and suggestions for other areas that should be discussed here.



My hope also is that anyone who drops by will take the information and talk to your family, friends and especially young people who are either turned off by what they see of our political and military leadership or simply confused and totally uninterested. However our young people may feel right now, they cannot escape the reality they will be asked to do important thins in this country in the years ahead.



THIS ELECTION YEAR



At a time when we needed powerful leadership in the White House after the failures of the past eight years and the economic/international turmoil facing the world, what finally shook out as candidates for both parties is hardly encouraging. But the reality is we will have a new president in early November, hopefully without the disgraceful activity that followed the Bush-Gore election. It is this reality that demands we act as real and responsible citizens, corny as that may sound to some.



It is critical we stop real fast the idea that those with whom we disagree are any less patriotic than we are. Such smears, slander and character assassinations these past several months will remain the stains on this campaign and the people who foisted such assaults on all of us.



If you agree with me on how important your responsibilities and mine are that critical, then make it a point to read critically, listen carefully and talk with your friends and family about matters that impact all of us. Do not simply accept the commentaries of screaming tv people. Ask questions of anyone who tells you how and what you must think. Question, question, question.

After you do all that, tell me and other readers of this blog what you think.

It's your turn.

Joe

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...another blog by a leftie....cant wait to get my daily fill of garbage from this...

Here is the deal Joe. Huntington is a dump which has been controlled by a Democrat for 8 years of a worthless administration. WV on a whole is a dump which has been under Dem rule since 1932...notice a pattern here...keep cheerleading for Democrat ideals and your bound to end up living in a poverished under achieving community

Joseph J. Honick said...

I just re-read the anonymous comments that says in effect that the voters of Huntington are stupid and that their votes are wasted. More than that, democratic(small d)ideals are simply to make it possible for all people to enjoy the same rights and privileges, something this person seems to have a problem with, and that is sad.

Anonymous said...

The republicans have cornered the stupid people bracket.

Oh well...

Anonymous said...

As to who has cornered the stupid market, I could not agree more...until that is I listened to Ahnold this afternoon. He made Mccain/Pa-a-a-lin look verbally impoverished.

Putri Adiratnaa said...

Loan Opportunity Offered By Mr, Benjamin That Save My Family From Financial Bondage {lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com}

Hello Everyone, I am Putri Adiratnaa single mom from Jakarta, I would like to share this great testimony on how I got a loan from Mr, Benjamin, when we were driven out of our home when I couldn't pay my bills anymore, After being scammed by various companies online and denied a loan from my bank and some other credit union I visited. My children were taken by the foster care, I was all alone in the street. The day i shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to Daisy Maureen. At first I told her that I am not ready to take any risk of requesting a loan online anymore, but she assured me that I will receive my loan from them. On a second thought, due to my homelessness I had to take a trial and applied for the loan, luckily for me I received a loan of $80,000.00 from Mr, Benjamin. I'm happy I took the risk and applied for the loan. My kids have been given back to me and now I own a home and a business of my own. All thanks and gratitude goes to Le_Meridian Funding Service and for the help of Mr, Benjamin for giving me a meaning to life when i had lost all hope. If you currently seeking for a loan assistance, you can contact them via: {lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com} Or WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740